Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

38 weeks (still pregnant)

So today my pregnancy app decided to ask me if I had my baby yet.. As if there weren't enough people asking and checking in with me, I know have apps that pester me too!
38 weeks.. It's pretty crazy to think that I've been pregnant for 38 weeks. 9 months is a pretty long time but looking back on it now it feels like it's flown by. As a matter of fact its pretty hard to believe that I am a couple weeks shy of being home for a year! I can still vividly remember my flight home from Afghanistan and reuniting with my husband and my babies <3
I know that in a few posts I talked about how miserable things were (like morning sickness and passing out) but I haven't even had this baby yet and those 'difficulties' are already fading from my memory! I have been blessed to have a healthy and safe pregnancy this entire time and having an easy, pain free second and third trimester has made me forget all about the uncomfortable first trimester. Lets just hope the delivery is as painless and uneventful as possible! Ha. I'm optimistic, not stupid. I've already been getting things ready at home to help me recover from that.
 
How far along? 38 weeks. Each doctor, website and forum you visit will tell you a different week is technically 'full-term' but regardless of that definition, Warren is healthy and active so far and he can decide to come any day. I'm hoping he'll be ready a few days before his due date but I'm not trying to induce labor because I know that each day in there is helping him develop!


Total weight gain/loss: As of this morning I weighed in at 141.4. So a total gain of 21 pounds. I have been really obsessive with checking my weight daily and tracking my diet to make sure that I'm eating healthy and getting enough, especially since my doctor mentioned wanting to up my weight a bit and potentially not being able to run if I didn't. That being said, I haven't gained much these last few weeks and that is OK and pretty normal. I saw a different doctor this week and told her all about my concerns with my weight, Warren's weight and my activity and she told me, "Don't worry, he'll grow when he's out!" she was also not the least bit concerned with me running or staying active because of how healthy Warren's heartbeat always sounds and how active he is. That's a really big relief because I recently had a 7-8 day stretch of pretty little activity and my mood suffered because of it. What can I say? I like to be up and moving! I think Warren got that jitter bug from me.

Maternity clothes?  Yep I have a few staples. My go to items over the last couple weeks though have been my regular summer dresses, because most of my shorts are high waisted and we all know how well those would fit over a 9 month pregnant belly!
Stretch marks? Still none! The doctors like to tell me that my belly is, 'All baby' and I think that my diet, hydtration and regular lotion applications have really helped keep those pesky stretchmarks away.
Sleep: Sleep is really hit or miss these days. Last weekend I was having HORRIBLE back pain and I slept like garbage for a few days. Some nights I sleep for 4 hour stretches before waking up to pee/drink water, other nights (like last night) I wake up every hour and a half thinking my water broke, or some other labor related thought that I dream up!
Best moment this week: Monday I definitely had my best and worst moment. One of my good friends had just gone into labor and had her baby (she was due a week before me) and after my doctors appointment I got into a rut, feeling pretty sorry for myself because of my lack of sleep that weekend, the terrible back pain and random shooting pains from where Warren's head is sitting on my sciatic nerve. Well I decided to throw myself a little pitty party because I was ready for the doctor to randomly announce that Warren was on his way, or something.. And when it was the same quick, labor free, appointment as ususal it made me even more irritable.
That being said, I was a grouch for the most of the day (Sorry, Matt!).
Then on my drive home I realized how ridiculous I was being. It was a gorgeous day, seriously, sunny and 78 degrees in February! Warren and I are healthy and I have everything I could possibly want or need (except my baby out of my belly and in my arms). I decided to suck it up, go for a run when I got home and stop being hormonal.
Now for those of you that are laughing at me, I'm serious. I honestly think that being moody and hormonal is a CHOICE for most people. [[I say for most people because there are disorders and imbalances that you have no say over]] Everyone feels moody from time to time, but you can choose to wallow in it, or you can acknowledge it and GTF over it!
3.6 miles later, I felt immensly better and ready to take on the rest of this pregnancy!



Miss Anything? Fitting into my shorts! I love this weather but I don't have nearly enough summer dresses that are long enough to wear with my belly. Thankfully I will have Warren long before REAL summer weather gets here.
Movement: So much. Like always. There's zero extra room in there so now the movements are punching my bladder, smashing my sciatic nerve or kickboxing in my ribs, but I don't mind (well except the sciatic nerve pain, that hurts like a SOB).

Food cravings? Nah, not really. My appetite comes and goes.

Anything making you queasy or sick?  Nope.

Have you started to show yet: Ha! You can't miss my belly unless you're directly behind me.  

Labor Signs: Lots and lots of braxton hicks contractions, mild cramping and back pain. I'd say that Warren is getting ready and if I had to bet I'd say he comes before his due date, not after!

Belly Button in or out? My belly button never pops all the way out, it alternates between being in and being flush with the rest of my belly.

Wedding rings on or off? On! No swelling thankfully.
Looking forward to: Well next week I have another appointment and I will finally be checked to see how dilated, effaced etc I am.. that is, if I don't have him before then!

Mood: Good. After I got out of that day-long funk I've been in a much better mood. The house is ready, our bags are packed and I even got a post-baby box ready for myself. Even if Warren doesn't come soon, the 10 day forcast is full of great weather and my family has all booked flights to come visit out newest addition in about two weeks!

Milestones: 38 weeks! The apps say that Warren should be around 7 pounds now (although both doctors that felt my baby estimate that he's probably around 6-6.5). Now he's just getting a little extra brain development in and storing energy for delivery.

Upcoming Appointments/Events: Since everything is healthy I'm on a weekly appointment schedule until he's born.

Weekly Wisdom: Don't decide to refinish a dresser when you're 37 weeks pregnant. It might not hurt at the time, but you WILL feel it later!
Although I love the way the dresser looks now! No regrets.

No comments: