Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Better late than never

It seems like amazon processed my request for snow on Christmas a little late. I don't blame them, from what I've heard there were record sales this year! 
But seriously, we have snow! 
We got a solid 3 inches last night and although the long walk to work was treacherous, it looks gorgeous! 
Even howitzers look pretty and festive with a nice white coating. Now I can pretend that I'm walking past the lush lawn of a military museum on my way to work. Thank God for vivid imaginations.

Vivid or not, I can't seem to make this feel warm or festive:
I don't think any amount of snow can make concrete blocks, T-walls and concertina wire look cheery. Which I guess is a good thing because that would be a wee bit counterproductive. 

Large, sharp and unwelcoming scenery aside, this snow is enough to make a warm chai tea a necessity! 
Don't worry grandma, I added an extra ingredient and I am getting enough to eat! 
See?! 

Now of you'll excuse me; I have a chai tea to drink, a hand painted longhorn to touch up and some snow to enjoy!

No comments: