Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Post Break Blues

Spring break is over and adulthood has to resume tomorrow. Well not for me, I still have some maternity leave left but the work/school flow resumes tomorrow. And now that Warren is 6 weeks old and the spring break festivities (and day trips) are done, we get to try to map out his schedule and get ready for when I go back to work. Sigh, who wants to spend their last few weeks of one on one baby time getting ready to become a working mama again? It's a tough gig, but someone's got to do it. Too bad the Army doesn't have a work from home option! 
Enough dwelling on my impending separation anxiety, let's take a look at this years spring break highlights! 

Alexis decided that this was the week that she was going to ditch her training wheels and ride like a big girl! A wobbly big girl, but a big girl none the less! 

We went to a museum where Alexis easily noticed and pointed out the state of Texas by its shape. I'm such a proud Mama; I think that accomplishment deserves a reward
#TexasPride 

Wyatt learned all about FDR and even picked an informative book as his gift shop treasure! Speaking of books, he also got a joke book from his grandparents that he's been reading, so the week was filled with him retelling his two favorite jokes... 

Wyatt also used his hard earned money to buy a toy for the first time! We've been working on teaching him how important it is to work for what you want and to take care of what you have. Too many people in life expect handouts or rely on others to provide for them. 

Warren tried out a bouncer for the first time, and although he's way too small to bounce, he really enjoyed the view! 
 
Most importantly, Matt took the whole week off and we spent lots of quality time together doing some pretty awesome things!
These smiling faces make my heart so full of love. Waking up to good weather and family time is the best. 
Can summer vacation start already?! 

1 comment:

Blogger said...

I just got a cheque for $500.

Many times people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can earn by taking paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for doing paid surveys.