Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

DIY clean your designer purse

So a couple weeks ago I looked at how dirty my purse had become and decided I needed it cleaned! I emptied it all out and tried to drop it off with my husbands dry cleaning, but to my dismay they wouldn't take it! 
Once I got over the irritation that the dry cleaner wouldn't clean purses, I started looking around for how to do it yourself and I'm glad I did! 
A little researched showed that a lot of brave women have tried (and succeeded) at using car upholstery cleaner to clean their clutches!
I decided to test it out on my two dirtiest bags, a coach purse and coach wristlet.

Why am I always drawn to the easiest things to stain?!
As you can see, these suckers have been through two years of sticky kid fingers, park benches and basic mom life. 

I chose ArmorAll interior cleaner since we had it in the laundry room already. The cleaning instructions are simple enough: spray on object, wait for the foam to dissipate, wipe off with damp cloth. For stubborn spots (read: my entire purse) you can scrub. 
So I sprayed
I scrubbed with a toothbrush I keep for cleaning my jewelry 
And after a minute or two of scrubbing, I wiped my bags down.
Then I just let them dry for about ten minutes and take a look!
Look closer!
I'm so glad that the cleaning worked so well, and I promise to not let my bags get that dirty again! Especially when instead of spending $15-20 at the cleaners I can do it at home with a $5 bottle of ArmorAll.. But now that I know how easy it is to clean them, I can't promise to not buy more adorable cream colored accessories :)


No comments: